So, it’s just under four months to go before the digital expo 2018. We do hope it’ll be a positive and useful event that we will run each year to keep up-to-date with a fast-paced digital world.
So far we’ve had volunteers to demonstrate in the following categories:
- Streaming AV – using Raspberry Pi and GStreamer (we hope to use this to stream the talks at the event in case you want to join us in real-time).
- Podcasts – using podcasts to talk about God’s Word across the globe.
- Digitisation of audio tapes into MP3 or other formats.
We’re still looking for more presenters/exhibitors, particularly in the area of:
- GDPR – do you know a data protection expert who can give us the low-down on what we need to do as a community?
- Graphic and illustration design
- Managing ecclesial/church administration – software and tools to create a programme, manage voting, storing contact details etc.