OK, so after a few months of having the website up and running but without doing any proactive advertising we’ve already got several people offering to present or showcase their technological ideas! Thanks everyone.
So far the volunteers seem to be around the digitisation/podcast/web sectors, which is great. We’re still looking for more though, particularly in the church-administration field. Has anyone got a slick operation for generating ecclesial programmes and address lists, or a really joined-up way of messaging members and contacts? Let us know!
Also it’s time to get booking on. A Facebook Event has been set up to let us know how many are planning to attend the day. Please visit it and feel free to share onwards.
More news soon.
So, it’s just under four months to go before the digital expo 2018. We do hope it’ll be a positive and useful event that we will run each year to keep up-to-date with a fast-paced digital world.
So far we’ve had volunteers to demonstrate in the following categories:
- Streaming AV – using Raspberry Pi and GStreamer (we hope to use this to stream the talks at the event in case you want to join us in real-time).
- Podcasts – using podcasts to talk about God’s Word across the globe.
- Digitisation of audio tapes into MP3 or other formats.
We’re still looking for more presenters/exhibitors, particularly in the area of:
- GDPR – do you know a data protection expert who can give us the low-down on what we need to do as a community?
- Graphic and illustration design
- Managing ecclesial/church administration – software and tools to create a programme, manage voting, storing contact details etc.